A Guided Approach
Supporting You and Your Family
Separation and Divorce
- By not going to Court.
- With full and honest disclosure by both Parties.
- With Open Communication.
- With a focus on Co-operation and Respect.
- With an ‘interest’ based approach to meet your Family’s needs.
Question: Who is best equipped to make decisions concerning your family’s needs?
Answer:You both are.
Solve your issues together . . . jointly . . . privately.
- Decisions are made by the separating couple, not a judge who does not know you or your family.
- A collaborative process is confidential; a court process is a matter of public record.
- With your River Valley Collaborative Law Group lawyers, you will sit down for a series of four way meetings aimed at resolving your legal problems in a respectful and cooperative manner.
- The collaborative process is less expensive and takes much less time than a typical court case. The separating couple are more satisfied with a negotiated outcome than in the results of traditional legal process.
The traditional way of approaching a relationship breakdown is adversarial.
- Collaborative law is non-adversarial in nature.
- The adversarial approach can be hard on families, parents, & children.
- The adversarial approach can impose a large financial drain on family assets.
- The collaborative process will help separating couples solve problems constructively.
- The collaborative process will help separating couples move forward in your separate lives and still meet your family’s needs, now and in the future.
- The legal issues that arise as a result of your relationship breakdown are the same, no matter what resolution process you adopt.